Man dead after apartment fire


Lewisville Fire Department responded to a fire in the Sunday night at 10:30 p.m. in the Autumn Breeze Apartments in the 1600 block of S. State Hwy 121 Business. There they found a victim unconscious and not breathing.

The fire was called in by a resident living below the affected unit. When firefighters first arrived, they found smoke showing around the unit’s door, but no flames. After forcing entry, they found a smoldering kitchen fire, according to Fire Chief Tim Tittle.

Tittle said the fire appeared to have started from unattended food on the stove.

The fire was extinguished quickly with an extinguisher.  During a primary search of the still smoke-filled apartment, firefighters found 42-year-old resident Vicente Soriano-Morales in the living area.  They removed him and began CPR on him.

He was transported to Medical City of Lewisville, where he was declared deceased at 11:04 p.m.  His body was taken to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner for autopsy. No cause of death is yet listed.

Tittle said the fire is under investigation by Division Chief Mark Richards, who is being assisted by the Denton County Fire Marshal’s office.

We will update this story as we learn more.