The City of Lewisville will hold a special multi-act concert event and fireworks show at Wayne Ferguson Plaza, 150 W. Church Street, on Tuesday, July 4. “Sounds of Red, White & Lewisville” is free to the public.
The Independence Day festivities begin at 4 p.m. with the opening of the Lewisville Farmers Market. At 4:15 p.m., Rhythm N’ Boots of the 36th Infantry Division Band, will take to the Lone Star Toyota Stage with an hour-long, patriotic performance.
Abbi Walker, a fast–rising Texas Country singer will keep the party going when she takes the stage at 5:45 p.m. This wild-eyed, big dreaming, fourth generation preacher’s daughter will belt out several original hits that feature southern rock, traditional country and Walker’s own brand of Southern Soul.
The headliner for this special concert event, Petty Theft, will begin around 8 p.m. Since 2003, this Dallas-based Tom Petty Tribute Band has entertained huge crowds with an unwavering devotion to the music of Tom Petty in all its forms – with the Heartbreakers, as a solo act and with the Traveling Wilburys.
The day’s events wrap up with a dazzling, colorful fireworks show from Old Town beginning around 9:30 p.m.
To alleviate traffic and parking congestion, the city is strongly encouraging attendees to use the shuttle system or a ride–sharing service to get to Old Town. Shuttles are free and will run from 3 p.m. to midnight.
Shuttle services will be set up at three locations:
- North end of Lone Star Toyota of Lewisville Railroad Park, 1301 S. Railroad Street
- DCTA Hebron Station, 952 Lakeside Circle
- Lowe’s Home Improvement, I–35E and Valley Ridge Boulevard
While the event at Wayne Ferguson Plaza is pet–friendly, people who use the shuttle will not be allowed to bring their animals on the bus.
There will be no DCTA train service on July 4. Attendees who wish to drive themselves will have several locations to park:
- East and West lots of City Hall, 151 W. Church Street
- Public lot at the northwest corner of Mill and Walters
- Public lot at the northwest corner of Mill and Elm
- Public lot south of Kealy and Main, behind Tierney’s Café & Tavern
- Public street parking in Old Town
- Relevant Life Church, 331 E. Church Street
- LISD campuses
- Purnell Support Center, 136 W. Purnell Street
- Central Elementary School, 400 High School Drive
- College Street Elementary School, 350 W. College Street
- Lewisville ISD Special Services Administration Building, 400 W. Main Street.
Due to the nature of this event, there will be several road closures in and around Old Town. A map of the road closures, and the public parking lots can be found on the Special Events and Festivals page at cityoflewisville.com.
In addition to the farmers market, food and beverages will be available for purchase as Sandy Sue’s BBQ, Pollo Campero, Tikiz Shaved Ice & Ice Cream, and Vizcarra Hospitality food trucks will be on site. This event is sponsored in part by The City of Lewisville, Lone Star Toyota of Lewisville, Bud Light, Pollo Campero, DCTA and Lowe’s Home Improvement.
Attendees for this special “Sounds of Red, White & Lewisville” should note that glass bottles are strongly discouraged in Wayne Ferguson Plaza. Smoking and vaping is prohibited.
Attendees also are reminded there is no swimming or playing in the flowing water feature that runs along the north side of the Plaza.
Well-behaved pets on a leash are welcome. Owners are expected to clean up after their animals, and plastic bag dispensers are available on site.