As the holidays approach, Christian Community Action wants to provide hope to over 750 local families in need. The agency will host six Christmas celebrations in two days that will give families the opportunity to enjoy food, games and crafts. Over 1,300 children will also receive gifts through the celebrations. In addition, CCA will provide gifts to seniors through their “adopt a senior” for Christmas.
To make the Christmas celebrations a reality, CCA is asking the community to support the efforts above in the following ways:
- Make a monetary donation that will be used to help provide gifts for children at the CCA Christmas programs or for other services provided by CCA. Donations can be made by check payable to CCA or online at www.ccaphelps.org.
- Donate toys or gift cards for the Christmas celebrations. Toys and gift cards are needed for all ages of children. The value of the gifts should be between $25 and $50. Toy or gift card drives are encouraged.
- Adopt a senior for Christmas by purchasing gifts from CCA’s Golden Angel’s wish list. Returned gifts would need to be delivered by Nov. 28.
- Volunteer to help at the Christmas celebrations or at Giving Tree locations where toys and gift cards are accepted. Volunteers are also needed in the food pantry, but must be at least 16 years of age.
- Donate food or provide monetary donations for the food pantry. CCA increases the amount of food that clients receive during the holidays by 20 percent and provides special holiday food such as hams and turkeys. Food drives or monetary donations are needed to provide additional food.
For more information on how to support CCA during the holiday season please visit ccahelps.org or call 972-219-4389.